Continuous Improvement Manager - City Of Johannesburg Metro
• Promote a Continuous Improvement mind set in the factory teams
• Identify Do It Best initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs
• Deliver data analysis to identify performance optimisation and future utilization constraints for the factory
• Analysis manufacturing performance and identify improvement opportunities;
• Develop and maintain accurate data reporting tools for factory performance and assist other department heads on defining and reporting their relevant KPI’s
• Translate data analysis in improvement opportunities, their prioritization and translate to a well-defined roadmap with clear milestones.
• Set up focussed improvement teams and manage the implementation of the improvements
• Promote “continuously improvement” mind-set in the whole factory organisation
• Apply Sig Sigma DMIAC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) method to improve existing processes that fall below specifications.
• Develop problem solving and root cause analysis techniques in the teams through 5S, Hoshin, Poka-Yoke & Kaizen.
• Implement, coach and sustain full FMOS implementation in all factory teams
• Manage site lean tools (RCLMS, COURBON and other CI tools)
• Build strong network with regional and global CI/IE community and implement best practices locally
• Be the co-pilot for plant manager on factory performance and support decision making process
Background Experience & Qualifications:
• University degree in Production/Operations Management or Industrial Engineering
• Certification in Six Sigma Black Belt
• Previous experience in a food or beverage industry preferred
• Training skills
• Good communication skills to liaise internally and externally.
• Good project management capability
• Technically inclined with computer skills
• self-motivated, initiative, team player, depth perception, safety & hygiene & quality conscious