Contracts Manager - Roads, Earthworks & Asphalt (Eastern Cape) - East London
This company based in East London is a diversified construction entity specialising in Civil earthworks, Road surfacing and rehabilitation,
Construction of water & sewerage treatment works, Water reticulation and Township infrastructure development and concrete structures and
currently holds a Level 1 BBBEE certificate and is accredited with a CIDB rating 8 CEPE for Construction and a 7 SBPE for Asphalt.
They are looking for a suitably qualified Contracts Manager with a sound knowledge of Roads, Earthworks & Asphalting you will based in East
London for work in and around the Eastern Cape. You will be required to relocate to East London as commuting will not be considered.
• BSc/BTech/ND Civil Engineering
• Minimum 15 years in Roads, Earthworks and Asphalting environment with a minimum 3- 5 years’ experience as a Contracts Manager.
• You must be registered with SACPCMP.
• Excellent Computer Literacy – CCS
• Experience in Tendering.
• Excellent Customer Relationship building skills
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
• Good Planning & Organising skills
• The ability to show initiative in solving problems
• Willingness to perform above and beyond job requirements in order to achieve Company/Team objectives
• The ability to accept a high level of responsibility/accountability for completing tasks that might place heavy demands on your time and
• The ability to be a positive influence on the team by creating a productive, safe environment
• Flexibility – willingness to relocate, or to spend time away from the home base as dictated by operational requirements
• Project Management
• Site Quality Control
• Site HSE Supervision Experience
• Knowledge of In-situ and In-plant recycling activities, road layer works and earthworks would be and added advantage.
• Operations – production planning, ensuring all resources are available
• Customer Liaison
• Management of staff
• Administration duties relating to the above
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.