Corporate Actuarial Analyst Insurance - Ashton
8 days ago
Our client in the Insurance Industry is looking to hire a Corporate Actuarial Analyst.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
• Provide basic actuarial services with minimal supervision by a more experienced actuary/actuarial specialist.
• Perform more complex analyses as assigned under the supervision of a more experienced actuary/actuarial specialist.
• Demonstrate increasing knowledge of relevant actuarial disciplines and procedures to be able to provide first class service to internal customers.
• Actively pursue local actuarial qualification and demonstrate consistent progress toward designation.
• Under general direction, support reserving, portfolio profitability analysis, reinsurance analysis, or market-facing business units in support of business objectives.
• With appropriate review and governance from Management coordinate, prepare, and perform actuarial analyses including and premium projections, consultation on actuarial models, and risk-based capital issues.
• Support finance, market-facing business units, claims, risk, capital management, and other functions on reserving, portfolio pricing, and strategic business decisions.
• Under general direction, support the pricing of new/renewal business, development of effective premium/rating structure, the formal Profitability Review process and development of strategies in support of business objectives.
• Provide support for management of profit margins on new and renewal business.
• With appropriate review and guidance from Manager, coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analyses including analysis of loss and expense reserves as relates to pricing adequacy and strategic direction.
• Provide consultation and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues, and support Market Facing and Technical Underwriters on pricing decisions.
• Under general direction, support capital modelling, data quality and regulatory returns.
• With appropriate review and guidance from Manager, coordinate, prepare and perform actuarial analyses including collection of information from various stakeholders across the business.
Business Support Specific
• Support actuarial services related to Risk Based Capital model development, parameterisation, and allocation activities.
• Perform data analytics and/or reinsurance analysis.
• Actuarial business partners
• Local Reserving or Pricing Manager
• Finance (FAR and PPM)
• Minimal external interaction
• Network of contacts within the actuarial profession
• University degree in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
• Pursuing Actuarial qualification (per local society).
Experience & Qualities
• One to three years of experience in an actuarial environment.
• Self-motivation and drive.
• Professional, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Basic knowledge of actuarial professional guidance and relevant legislation.
• Basic knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Basic knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters.
• Basic knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Basic knowledge of practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization, its business activities, and employees; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
• Proficiency in English with a preference for proficiency in at least one other language.
• Effective intermediate oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced knowledge of and ability to use spreadsheet software.
• Basic knowledge of statistical and actuarial tools and techniques and ability to apply modelling processes and techniques to facilitate risk management decisions.
• Basic knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.