Creditors Clerk - Cape Town
We’re on the lookout for a Creditor’s Clerk to join our fierce Finance team on a 3-6 month contract basis. You will be required to complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. You will need to do monthly supplier, petty cash, and bank reconciliations. The Creditor’s Clerk will also undertake routine clerical duties in support of the accountancy function and financial control.
• Bills captured correctly with all required VAT info on the original supplier invoice
• Should a payment have to be made on a Quote or Pro-forma invoice, the VAT invoice must be received within 1 month after payment.
• Keep record of credit notes and over-payments that should be deducted from new invoice’s payments.
• Ensure invoices paid within the supplier’s payment terms, where applicable.
• Maintain the filing system and all invoices filed daily.
• To keep record of all communication with creditors in order to provide feedback to the Finance Manager for any queries.
• Complete credit applications.
• Monthly reconciliations of suppliers, petty cash, bank, 3G and Paycard.
• Ad hoc accounting journals, when needed.
• Paycards (Petty Cash): Load funds onto the Bank Paycards when requested and ensure that there are always sufficient funds in our profile.
• Manage Paycards for all offices to ensure that cards are cancelled/re-ordered/renewed when necessary.
• Manage Credit Card Transactions and Reconciliations (Petrol and Fleet cards)
• Inter-company loan reconciliations
• Handle all creditor/payment-related queries
• Matric/Grade 12 with Mathematics and Accounting
• Accounting Diploma/Certificate
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Creditor’s Clerk or similar position
• 2 years’ experience working on a well-known accounting package
• Valid driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans
• Accuracy, attention-to-detail and the ability to deliver on quick turnaround times
• The ability to organise and prioritise
• Perform under pressure
• Be deadline-driven
• The ability to work independently
• Be professional and patient
• Have a positive attitude and strong people-skills
• Be well-spoken