Creditors Clerk - Cape Town
• Bills captured correctly with all required VAT info on the original supplier invoice
• Should a payment have to be made on a Quote or Pro-forma invoice, the VAT invoice must be received within 1 month after payment.
• Keep record of credit notes and over-payments that should be deducted from new invoice’s payments.
• Ensure invoices paid within the supplier’s payment terms, where applicable.
• Maintain the filing system and all invoices filed daily.
• To keep record of all communication with creditors in order to provide feedback to the Finance Manager for any queries.
• Complete credit applications.
• Monthly reconciliations of suppliers, petty cash, bank, 3G and Paycard.
• Ad hoc accounting journals, when needed.
• Paycards (Petty Cash): Load funds onto the Bank Paycards when requested and ensure that there are always sufficient funds in our profile.
• Manage Paycards for all offices to ensure that cards are cancelled/re-ordered/renewed when necessary.
• Manage Credit Card Transactions and Reconciliations (Petrol and Fleet cards)
• Inter-company loan reconciliations
• Handle all creditor/payment-related queries
• Matric/Grade 12 with Mathematics and Accounting
• Accounting Diploma/Certificate
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Creditor’s Clerk or similar position
• 2 years’ experience working on a well-known accounting package
• Valid driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans
• Accuracy, attention-to-detail and the ability to deliver on quick turnaround times
• The ability to organise and prioritise
• Perform under pressure
• Be deadline-driven
• The ability to work independently
• Be professional and patient
• Have a positive attitude and strong people-skills
• Be well-spoken