Creditors Officer - Midrand
13 days ago
20-09-2021 7:01:45 PM
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To accurately record, maintain and report on all creditor’s transactions.
Key Performance Areas:
Manage Suppliers Payments
• Accurately and timeously process invoices onto the financial system daily.
• Obtain and ensure that supporting documents are provided by various departments.
• Ensure invoices from departments are authorised as per the delegation of authority.
• Ensure creditors statements are provided monthly.
• Timeously investigate unmatched purchase orders monthly.
• Ensure foreign creditors are paid timeously via telegraphic transfer.
• Prepare the payment checklist and ensure accurately completed.
• Ensure all subsistence and travel allowances are paid to travelling employees timeously.
• Import payment batch from financial system to the bank or perform manual payment online, present for release on time and follow up and resolve any queries
• Prepare monthly creditors reconciliations to ensure correct amounts are paid or accurate amounts are accrued.
• Prepare general journals for accruals monthly and ensure month end and year end deadlines are met.
• Ensure that reconciling items are resolved or corrected timeously.
• Ensure that supplier enquiries are handled in a professional manner.
• Ensure that payments are made frequently and within 30 days of documents being received in finance.
• Prepare monthly and year end reports.
• Ensure that all documents are properly filed regularly.
• Ensure that all filed documents are easily retrievable.
• Perform any other responsibilities from time to time as assigned
• National Diploma or NQF level 6 qualification related to Finance / Financial management
• Ideal Qualification Degree in Finance
• 3 Years’ experience in Accounts Payable