CSSD Technician - Durban
more than 14 days ago
Advert Ref: RMQ603
Advert Title: CSSD Technician
Area: La Lucia, Durban
Advert Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Dayshift
Salary: R19,000 – R35,000
Closing Date: 24 May 2022
The CSSD Technician is responsible for the execution of procedures and tasks to clean, prepare, pack and sterilize unsterile instruments, linen and consumables and to supply sterile requirements to Theatre and other Departments in the hospital. To be a guide and assist the CSSD assistant where necessary, to advise and oversee work being done and take corrective action where necessary. Be a team player and show leadership qualities, especially over weekends. Be a good communicator and supportive role to the supervisor and Theatre manager. To report any faults with cleaning and sterilising equipment or machinery and follow-up on feedback from maintenance department. Act on complaints and queries timeously.
SKILLS PROFILE EDUCATION
• Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
• 2 - 5 Years working experience in same position
• Working experience in private healthcare or healthcare funding industry will be advantageous
• Relevant experience in the CSSD is essential
• Wash and care for instruments according to the correct procedure.
• Pack instrument sets and loose articles in the prescribed manner for sterilization.
• Ensure that all required instruments for procedures are sterile and ready for utilization.