Data Analyst - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
A leading Investment Firm based in Cape Town is looking to hire a Data Analyst.
The person fulfilling this role will not only analyse data models, but also test the outputs, investigate & troubleshoot data issues and devise solutions in line with best practice. The data analyst will achieve this through data preparation, data analysis and visualisation, stakeholder engagement and problem solving with team members.
As the ideal candidate you:
- Are South African born
- Are based in Cape Town or prepared to relocate to Cape Town (relocation assistance is offered)
- Have a Degree (Information Systems; Statistics; Data or Computer Science; Engineering) or equivalent
- Have functional experience in analytics, data visualisation or reporting.
- Have 5 years of experience performing data analysis.
- Have knowledge of and experience with reporting packages.
- Are adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings for stakeholder use.
- Have experience working with data in various data sources and databases.
- Are able to translate business requirements into non-technical terms.
- Have demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases with proven SQL skills.
- Are able to comply to and manage data assets under strict governance framework.
- Have experience in agile development.
- Have experience in financial services or financial asset management industries
- Are able to work with data profiling, data quality and reference data toolsets.
- Have knowledge of various toolsets such as SAP Hana Studio, SAP Data Services, Informatica Data Quality Suite, Cloudera big data storage and Microsoft Power BI will be advantageous.
- Have advanced proficiency in MS Excel.