Die Repairer - Somerset West
more than 14 days ago
POSITION: DIE REPAIRER
SITE: WESTERN CAPE
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the services team and packaging production units within Corruseal through repairing dies in a cost effective and timely manner so that they are available to the machines as required to achieve the production plan
REPORTING TO: Technical Manager
• Inspection of new dies against specifications list and inspection form.
• Check die availability against the required production plan to ensure availability to production (this includes carrying out pre-inspections to ensure that tooling is fit for use by the machines and arranging tooling for easy access and transport to machines)
• Inspect dies against the production plan for availability and quality / condition
• After production runs, check the condition of dies to ensure there is no damage (if damaged, take action for repairs), clean the die and file for future use
• Carry out repairs timeously so to minimise downtime of production due to die defects.
Ensure die standards are adhered to.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• Ability to converse well in English
• Computer literate
• Must be able to work under pressure and be a problem solver
• Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as well as weekends
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a packaging manufacturing environment with a technical understanding of Packaging Tooling