DIESEL MECHANIC - Richards Bay
• To ensure all service and repairs documentation is correctly completed.
• Management of individual workload and job assignment
• Accurate completion of job
• Use of workshop equipment in a correct manner
• Contribute towards effective “preventative maintenance”.
• Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times
• Correctly record the use of parts.
• Complete all work to a “right first time standard”.
• Prepare and submit vehicles to a standard appropriate for the issuing of an annual test certificate. (Roadworthy certificate)
• Communicate accurately with Foreman / Manager as to Work in Progress and any anticipated delays or issues.
• Ensure that knowledge is in line with modern technologies and developments applicable to the role.
• Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
• To ensure 24/7 Support service (standby).
Key Leadership Behaviours
• Planning and executing vehicle servicing, service and repairs and accountability for results.
Key Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of current vehicle operating systems.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent knowledge of mechanics & electrics.
• Driving Licence (preferably code14).
• Appropriate technical qualifications.
• Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
• Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Planning and time management.
• +10 years as a mechanic in construction vehicles.
• Excellent knowledge of transport refrigeration and electrics.
• Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
• PC literacy.
• Understanding of vehicle maintenance.
• Bodywork experience.