Distribution Manager - Sunninghill
more than 14 days ago
01-02-2022 4:59:09 PM
Distribution Manager (Warehousing / Logistics) – Southern Africa
We are urgently recruiting for a passionate and dynamic Distributions Manager to manage overall logistics, operational warehouse & distribution and 3PL activities for a leader in the consumer goods sector for Southern Africa.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Matric and Relevant 3-year Tertiary Qualification (Degree/National Diploma) in Warehousing, Logistics, Management, Supply Chain or similar
• At least 6 - 8 years’ experience in Logistics/Materials Management environment, Inventory/Warehouse Management or other Supply Chain areas as well as managing outsourced end to end 3PL is essential
• Budgetary and financial skills.
• Employee Relations and Conflict Management skills.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures, Requirements and Legislation.
• Ability to motivate a large team, schedule tasks and prioritize actions, allocate resources effectively, delegate tasks and manage projects.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Computer literate – Excel (advanced), Oracle and other WMS, MS Office etc)
Key responsibilities will also include:
• Ensure company policies and procedures in place and adhered to at all times – regular audits to be conducted and reported on.
• Operationally manage 3rd parties and transportation companies and regularly evaluate performances and relations in close cooperation with Transport Manager for EMEA
• Ensure that Health & Safety requirements are complied with.
• Oversee the daily Order Fulfillment-, Assembly and Warehousing processes and assure procedures and SLA’s are followed to maintain timely and accurate delivery of products
• Continuously review and develop the departmental organization to meet its objectives. Develop and maintain performance expectations and job summaries.
• Hire and train staff so that they are able to pro-actively support the departmental objectives.
• Provide the opportunity and atmosphere for staff development within the department through timely and complete IDP’s, appraisal’s and necessary training within agreed budgets
• Monitor work performance of staff providing corrective counseling and/or disciplinary measures as deemed necessary
• Monitor all distribution efficiencies and ensure corrective action taken where necessary.
• Constantly keep updated with transport trends, ensure the most cost effective solution is utilized.
• Monitor customer service levels to ensure that required level is achieved.
• Prepare annual departmental budget and give input for local country budgets
• Manage manpower within the agreed budget for the department reporting in a timely manner deviations and reasons/actions to bring costs back into line.
• Regular review the need, cost and stock levels for supplies and components used within the departments reporting in a timely manner deviations and reasons/actions to bring costs back into line.
? Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg (Northern Suburbs)
? Offer: Market related salary plus benefits
? Candidates must have valid passport, and valid SA drivers license