Electrician - Pretoria
64 hours ago
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for this position at the Feed Mill, as part of the Gauteng operations. The Electrician will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment to ensure maximum availability and throughput for feed production.
A trade certificate as an Electrician is required, as well as 5 Years’ hands-on electrical maintenance experience, preferably in a feed mill. This position reports to the Maintenance Foreman.
• Plan scheduled maintenance from allocated job cards to draw the required spares and equipment;
• Prepare work and perform scheduled maintenance on plant and equipment either on-site or in workshop;
• Ensure that all maintenance work is of an acceptable standard and report reworks;
• Ensure that allocated job cards are timeously attended to;
• Ensure that breakdowns are immediately attended to, including after-hours call-outs;
• Follow up causes breakdowns and suggest measures to prevent re-occurrence;
• Ensure workshop equipment is maintained in good working order;
• Assist Workshop Foreman on minor projects, repairs and refurbishment work;
• Complete job cards and ensure work is to acceptable standards;
• Do standby as per roster.
Critical Skills and Competencies
• Strong maintenance drive and focus
• Strong root cause analysis skills with the ability to take corrective actions
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Analysis and improvement abilities
• Excellent fault-finding ability
• Ability to implement, drive and monitor maintenance and H&S strategy
As Sovereign is an equal opportunity employer, preference will be given to applicants of designated groups, as defined by the Employment Equity Act.