Emergency Room Registered Nurse - Port Elizabeth
more than 14 days ago
15-10-2021 8:09:06 AM
We seek an energetic Registered Nurse with Trauma/Emergency Room experience to be part of the Emergency Department in a well advanced private facility, in Port Elizabeth.
- Delivers comprehensive and quality patient care to meet the health needs of patients.
- Adheres to Patients' Rights at all times.
- Prevents, reports and manages medico-legal risks.
- Conducts comprehensive patient care audits.
- Patient records and registers meet legal requirements.
- Control of stock and equipment in accordance with hospital policy.
- Identifies and addresses continuous professional development (CPD) needs.
- Provides learner support to learners and new employees.
- Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and complying with infection prevention and control policy.
- Quality client care principles maintained
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
- 3- 4 years' Experience in an Emergency Unit is essential
- An additional qualification in Emergency Nursing Science will be an advantage
- Willingness to work shifts in accordance with the requirements of the unit.
- Competent in the demonstration and assessment of all clinical procedures and management of risks.
- Basic knowledge of stock control principles.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures, the Scientific Nursing Process and BCA bundles.