Engineering Stores Controller - Uitenhage
8 days ago
ENGINEERING STORES CONTROLLER - UITENHAGE
Sovereign Foods is a national supplier of quality chicken products to various markets and has operations in the Eastern Cape and Gauteng Provinces. The Commercial Division is looking for an individual to assume the position of Engineering Stores Controller reporting to the Procurement Manager. The position carries the grade of T10. The job holder must have a Tertiary qualification (Purchasing Diploma or equivalent). A minimum of 3 years in managing a stock controlled environment and the use of computerized stock management systems.
• Manage and coordinate daily cycle stock takes in such a way that all stock is counted within a month (ultimately achieving zero variance on every stock take)
• Hold optimum levels of stock for engineering work(including breakdowns and planned maintenance)and that slow moving stock is identified and reported to management
• Co-ordinate and manage internally and externally the delivery of all goods, and the dates by which they are required.
• Drive accuracy of goods received vs goods ordered and load onto Syspro (grn)on date of receipt
• Monitor and measure supplier service levels as well as feedback to management and the suppliers.
• Compile a housekeeping measurement and maintain a score of >95% on a continuous basis.
• Adhere to all quality and food safety Parameters.
• Complete the “return to supplier” process, including item documentation, tracking, adjustment and destroying
• Purchasing or Stores Management qualification
• Knowledge on FMCG equipment operation and maintenance
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Analytical skills
• Good computer skills