Enrolled Nurse Assistants - Stellenbosch
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
The primary objective of the LON TB grant Project is to screen, link clients to testing and treatment and ongoing support and monitoring for TB, Diabetes and Hypertension.
This is a field-based/ Ward based position with (100 %) time spent on the field, in order to complete the tasks listed below.
YOUR JOB WILL BE TO:
• TB/Diabetes/Hypertension Screening in allocated wards (mobile phone loaded with TB Screening App and sputum collection video will be provided).
• Fill all the client details on the Screening App or paper-based tool
• Collect samples spot Sputum for TB diagnosis and:
o Fill the Laboratory forms and label the specimen correctly.
o Store the specimen in a cooler bag and ensure it reaches the closest Lab timeously.
• Complete the DOH clinic register with details about the client screened and the specimens daily, to your local clinic
• Provide Health education and distribute IEC Material.
• Increase awareness of NCD’s (TB/Diabetes/Hypertension) in communities, schools and Early Childhood Development Centers
• Improve household contact tracing and reverse contact tracing for all households and patients are initiated on IPT
• Provide TB/ Diabetes/Hypertension education, promote testing and refer to the client’s local clinic (for HIV Counselling and testing)
• Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
• Ensure all patients confirmed with TB+ are traced back to the clinic and initiated on TB treatment.
• Follow up on contacts from the index client with confirmed TB.
• Assisting the clinical facilities as and when required to do so.
• Knowledge and familiarity with the communities within the Tshwane district and familiarity of working systems at the local DOH Hospitals.
• Willingness to work within a community environment.
• Grade 12 - Matric
• Auxiliary Nurse Certificate is a prerequisite
• Ability to read and write
• Fluency in 2 of the official languages of Gauteng / Western Cape.
• Ability to use cell phone applications
• Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams