Estimator - Civil Construction (Eastern Cape) - East London
This company based in East London is a diversified construction entity specialising in Civil earthworks, Road surfacing and rehabilitation,
Construction of water & sewerage treatment works, Water reticulation and Township infrastructure development and concrete structures and
currently holds a Level 1 BBBEE certificate and is accredited with a CIDB rating 8 CEPE for Construction and a 7 SBPE for Asphalt.
They are looking for a suitably experienced Snr Estimator with a sound knowledge of Civil Construction estimating you will based in East London
for work in and around the Eastern Cape. You will be required to relocate to East London as commuting will not be considered.
• Analysis and pricing of tenders
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation of estimates, getting prices from sub-contractors and suppliers, participation at tender finalisations, analysis of contract
documentation, leading to successful compliant bidding.
• Prepare major cost estimates, pre-qualifications and pre-bid submissions. Initial appraisal of bid documentation and the risk profile.
• Establishment of bid strategy from bid inception.
• Ensure all bids are subject to proper adjudication.
• Seeking to improve competitiveness by innovative thinking and database compilation.
• All aspects of work procurement including gathering market intelligence, advancement in construction technology and liaison with
professionals and clients.
• Partake in risk assessment and methodology forums prior to bid submission.
Skills, Experience & Education:
• Degree/BTech or Diploma in Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying/Construction Management.
• Registered with SACPCMP.
• Minimum 10 experience in an estimating capacity in a large construction company, working in the Tendering Department and preparing
• Knowledge and experience using CCS Estimating software will be an advantage.
• Technically competent in the estimating process.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will
however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.