Estimator/Snr Estimator - CIvil Concrete Structures - Randburg
This is a dynamic company which is growing annually and they are looking for a Snr Estimator to compliment their team.
The company is a broad-based construction company that offers its clients a wide range of construction services in General building construction, Civil Engineering construction,Pipe laying in the water, fuel and gas industries , Earthworks and road construction and it operates in all provinces of SA.
They are looking for a Senior Estimator with at least 10-15 years estimating experience primarily in concrete civils and focussed on water treatment/process works,reservoirs any other experience in estimating such a Roads and Pipelines would be beneficial. The company is tendering on projects in the neighbouring SADC countries.
Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering.
• Preferably a member of a Professional Institute.
• 10 - 15 years of experience in the Construction Industry, of which the last 8 - 10 years should be in an estimating capacity in a large construction
company, preparing estimates for similar projects.
• Knowledge and experience using CCS Estimating software will be an advantage.
• Technically competent in the estimating process.
• Analysis and pricing of tenders for large contracts throughout South Africa,(ideally must have experience in at least 2 of the disciplines) in Civils,
Building & Roads. Must have worked with the various types of contracts related to the various disciplines i.e. FIDIC, NEC, JBCC, GCC, COLTO,
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation of estimates, getting prices from subcontractors and suppliers, participation at tender finalisations, analysis of contract
documentation, leading to successful compliant bidding.
• Prepare major cost estimates, pre-qualifications and pre-bid submissions. Initial appraisal of bid documentation and the risk profile.
• Establishment of bid strategy from bid inception.
• Ensure all bids are subject to proper adjudication.
• Seeking to improve competitiveness by innovative thinking and database compilation.
• All aspects of work procurement including gathering market intelligence, advancement in construction technology and liaison with professionals
• Partake in risk assessment and methodology forums prior to bid submission.
Skills, Experience & Education:
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying for the above position, please consider your application unsuccessful, we will however endeavour to search for suitable positions that may be appropriate to your experience and location.