FET Facilitator - Randburg
more than 14 days ago
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To provide academic leadership across a range of Business/Finance education programmes. The incumbent must be a subject matter expert who designs, develops, and deliver material using a range of methods and platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A qualification in Business/Finance (NQF 6) or equivalent.
• Facilitation Certificate is a must
• Constituent Assessor Certificate is a must
• Proficiency in English and Ndebele language is a must.
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in Higher Education
• Facilitation of NVC NQF 2 is a must
• Assessments of NVC NQF 2 is a must
• Some experience in designing and moderation of assessment tools
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties include the following:
• Ensure all course preparation is in line with what is required in the model ELO
• Conduct research and / or appropriate improvisation in order to augment and inform updates and review of learning material and lecturing.
• Facilitate distance/online lectures
• Provide students one on one academic consultation support
• Design both formative and summative assessments
• Review and moderate curriculum and assessments
• Grade assessments and provide stakeholder feedback
• Undertake programme and module reviews
• Active involvement in research and publishing
• Undertake programme and quality management administrative tasks
• Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for content resource development
• Provide feedback to the Academic Manager on students’ progress
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Be familiar with distance and online education
• Be familiar with using learning management systems
• Have a working knowledge of the South African higher education regulatory framework
• Must be able to work within pre-determined time frames and deadlines
• Must be able to speak confidently and demonstrate professionalism
• Must be a collegial team player
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Internet and Email)
• Excellent writing and reporting skills
• Possess a high level of ethics and confidentiality
• Willingness to be flexible to various learning styles
• Maturity in dealing with different personalities and individuals
Start Date: Immediately
The company reserves the right to add, modify or remove this position at its sole discretion
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates.
Should you not hear from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.