Finance and Services Manager - Cape Town
FINANCE AND SERVICES MANAGER
The Pinotage Youth Development Academy develops young talent for employment in the Wine, Fruit and Tourism Industries and related sectors. The Academy, based in Stellenbosch, is looking to appoint an experienced Finance And Services Manager, to join their growing and dynamic team.
This key role will ensure the full delivery of all aspects of PYDA's Support Services in a fast paced environment including primarily Finance, as well as Administration, Facilities and HR.
Required is alignment with the Academy's values and a high degree of operational and functional excellence.
The Finance and Services manager supports processes vital to Operations, Programme Implementation and Financial Management at PYDA. With guidance from the Executive Director s/he will be primarily responsible for Financial Administration and Planning, Supplier Liaison, and working collaboratively with colleagues in overall processing of Administration and Operations, including Facilities Management and Human Resource Administration.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with PYDA programme staff. The position has line management responsibilities with the Office Assistant and Administrator reporting to the FSM.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
To provide full range of Financial Management required by the Academy and the Board.
• Financial planning and preparation of annual programme and operational budgets
• Preparation of forecasts, management accounts and cashflow management
• Processing of supplier payments, VAT returns, salaries, student allowances, petty cash and transactions on Pastel – Sage 1 online
• Management of the Asset register, annual audit and liaison with external auditors
• Liaising with and support the Executive Director, Board members and external service providers
• To ensure the delivery of all administrative and office management activities through managing and supporting the Office Assistant and Administrator roles
• Managing procurement of office supplies
• Ensuring reception is running efficiently
• Assist the Executive Director with market research and managing the remuneration system and process
• Co-ordinate the recruitment and induction of new staff and staff leaving (exit interviews)
• Develop and maintain HR administrative systems such as leave planning
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (20%)
• Facilities and building management (including new premises when required and can be in multiple locations)
• Management of IT infrastructure and telecommunications
• Ensuring Health & Safety standards are met
• Maintenance checklists
HUMAN RESOURCES (10%)
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures (HR, IT, Health & Safety etc.)
• Assist the Executive Director with Organisational Design to prepare PYDA for growth
• Support and play an active role in the growth and development of all staff for their current and future roles
• Deliver effective staff management by supporting performance review, staff development and disciplinary processes
• To assist the Executive Director with market research and managing the remuneration system and process
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A relevant tertiary qualification, preferably a Finance/bookkeeping qualification or related degree or diploma
• Ideally +10 years’ experience in finance and administration, or a related field
• Previous work experience in the NGO sector is desirable
• Excellent and in-depth understanding of work processes and systems, including IT
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
? Highly functional in Microsoft Word, advanced Excel and Pastel or similar systems
? A passion for the Academy’s work and values, as well as those of the NGO world
? Excellent personal relationships and a passion and ability to connect with young people
? Strong self-leadership and emotional intelligence, including being assertive, decisive, and able to navigate conflict
? A strong attention to detail
? Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
? A strong ability to work in an unsupervised situation, and be a team player
? Fluency in at least 2 South African languages, one of which is English
? A valid driver’s licence and car
? South African citizenship
Note: Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged applicants.
Applications will close on 11 November, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Should you not receive a response by 26 Nov 2019 please consider your application unsuccessful. PYDA reserves the right not to interview applicants and to make appointment decisions.