Financial Accountant Mining - Midrand
more than 14 days ago
28-09-2021 12:17:36 PM
Responsible for companies accounting and financial function.
Responsible for analyzing, summarizing, and allocating costs associated within the various businesses. Preparing and analyzing the monthly financial statements, management accounts, ensuring accurate reconciliations, attending to day-to-day queries, as well as complete processing of monthly payroll.
Duties & Responsibilities
Property Plant and Equipment: maintaining fixed assets register providing monthly and yearly depreciation as well as any additions and/or disposals.
• Loans: preparing monthly loan reconciliations and calculating the monthly interests for long- and short- term loans.
• Preparation and presentation of the monthly management accounts.
• Reviewing management accounts prepared by other finance team members.
• Monthly maintenance of Inventory Ledgers
• Preparation of monthly reconciliations (for Coal purchases, movements and railage).
• Preparing, reviewing and analysing outstanding debtors, creditors and all accounting accruals and ensuring accuracy of monthly financial reporting.
• Preparation of weekly cashflow forecasts.
• Preparation of annual financial statements for annual audits as well as supporting reconciliations.
• Preparation and submission of tax (EMP, VAT and Income Tax).
• Review of tax calculations by finance team members (EMP, VAT and Income Tax).
• Liaising with SARS on all tax matters
• Liaising with external Auditors for audit field work and resolving audit queries.
• Reviewing annual financial statements prepared by the Auditors for final sign off by Directors.
• Daily voucher confirmation entries.
• Reviewing bank reconciliations for all different accounts as well as sign off.
• Processing of complete monthly payroll on SAGE Pastel Payroll as well as attending to related queries.
• Attending to day-to-day internal and external ad-hoc queries (SARS, STATS SA, Banking etc.)
• Management of finance team members.
• Attendance and feedback at Operational Meetings.