Financial Accountant - REF 6131 - Stellenbosch
more than 14 days ago
Reference: 6131 CM
Consultant: Christa Mostert
Our client is looking for a Financial Accountant To proactively ensure that all relevant financial information is provided timeously for analytical, audit purposes, monthly financial reporting, and the completion of tax returns for the relevant tax authority within the required deadlines.
* Reconciliations for Payroll: comparing payroll data to general ledger entries and posting corrections where needed.
* Fixed asset register: creating assets, doing monthly recon between fixed asset register and GL entries, and doing depreciation runs on the system.
* Bank reconciliations: Salaries and suppliers’ bank accounts, identify where reconciling items exist, inquire about differences, and adjust for differences.
* Assist with monthly VAT submissions, monthly VAT reasonability checks, provisional and final income tax submissions.
* Assist with withholding tax submissions, with assistance provided.
* Intercompany balances: agree the balances, ensure that transfers were done in all the entities and adjust for forex movements where necessary.
* Prepare timeous accurate and comprehensive monthly cash-flow statements.
* Identify, analyse and report on primary variances between actual and budget in management report to ascertain monthly value of shorts measured against budget.
* Make recommendations on cost improvements and loss-making stores to optimise financial growth.
* Manage and monitor banking procedures to ensure adherence and identify deviations.
* Provide timely and accurate monthly and weekly analytical financial reporting to Financial and other managers.
* Prepare analytical reports for the management pack to report on back-testing from store viability studies.
* Report the recommendations based on the results of the analytical reports to ensure effective and efficient feedback.
* Prepare viability studies to ensure timeous and effective implementation.
* Monitor and maintain compliance through:
* Managing the internal financial control system
* Maintaining Hungry Lion’s tax compliance by monitoring the rand value of tax penalties per annum
* Monitoring and managing adherence to IFRS for SMEs / GAAP standards
* Coordinate the internal control risk management processes for Hungry Lion.
* Plan, prepare and coordinate external audits to ensure unqualified audit results
* Analyse and account for foreign exchange movements based on foreign payments made to suppliers.
* Assist the financial manager with ad hoc tasks, where needed and liaise directly with the financial manager.
* The above responsibilities/ duties will be allocated as needed by your Line Manager.
* Degree Bcom Financial/Management Accounting.
* Articles experience with 2-3 years post-articles experience in accounting OR if no articles, 4 - 5 years experience as an Accountant.
* Advanced Excel skills.
How to Apply:
* Email your comprehensive CV to ****@*****.***.
* If you are already registered, please forward your CV and the relevant reference number to the consultant with whom you are currently registered in order to avoid duplicity on our system.
* We reserve the right to only conduct interviews with candidates of choice.
* Applicants who have not received feedback within 30 days from the closing date must please accept their application as unsuccessful.