Financial Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper - Cape Town
12 days ago
Financial Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper (Contract)
Our client, an international manufacturing concern is implementing a new accounting package, namely SAGE Pastel Partner (ERP). They seek to appoint an individual on a 6 month contract basis who will be responsible for the roll-out of the accounting system on SAGE Pastel Partner. The successful incumbent must have thorough knowledge of accounting principles as well as setting up of entities on Pastel Partner. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment (costing and stock (inventory) systems) are essential.
· A relevant tertiary qualification.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in a financial accounting role.
· Detailed knowledge of GAAP & IFRS, Tax, Legal Aspects and Capital Expenditure required.
· Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with an in-depth understanding of stock systems.
· Thorough knowledge of all Pastel Partner (ERP) modalities is essential.
· Ability to devise and implement account processes from scratch.
· Setting up and managing statutory requirements.
· Ability to train staff members.
· This is not a remote position.
Sound financial and business acumen
Methodical and accurate
Good problem solving skills
Team player and ability to function independently
Full Financial Accounting:
Close and reconciliation of sub-ledgers
General Ledger close process
Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
Fixed asset month end reporting.
Processing and posting of month end journals.
Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
Preparation of VAT returns.
Preparation of Tax returns.
Fixed Asset Month end reporting
Ensure all assets are recorded on asset register and tax register
Account for the movement of fixed assets – transfers and disposals
Ensure that all assets are accounted for in terms of policy
Reconcile the fixed asset register and general ledger on a monthly basis
General Ledger Close
Raise month end close journals
Month end review of Income statement expenses
Preparation of monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
Escalate any necessary matters to the relevant Lead
Prepare monthly tax computations and raise related journal entries
Preparation of VAT, UIF, SDL and any other statutory returns and submission of same.
Monthly payroll (salaries & wages)
Stock (Inventory) system