FINANCIAL MANAGER (EE) - Midrand - Midrand
Experience and Qualifications:
• Completed Accounting/Financial degree
• SAICA/SAIPA articles at an established accounting firm will be highly advantageous
• At least 3 years’ post articles experience in a financial role, minimum of 6 yrs experience in senior accountant/ FM role
• Legal company secretarial experience highly advantageous
• Advanced Excel skills
Duties will include:
• Responsible for cashbook capturing and reconciliation for multiple bank accounts daily.
• Do credit card and fleet card processing and reconciliation monthly.
• Responsible for audit journal annually.
• Perform balance sheet reconciliation monthly.
• Do investment journals monthly.
• Responsible for bookkeeping including cashbook and invoicing.
• Prepare month end journals.
• Responsible for weekly EFT payments and release thereof.
Creditors and debtors:
• Manage, oversee and control the creditors and debtors’ function.
• Responsible for creditors payment release monthly.
• Responsible for the monthly payroll run, including upload to the bank and bank release
• Distribution of payslips to staff members.
• Online and fund administrator submissions of the pension fund monthly.
• Responsible for monthly submissions to administrators of the medical aid
• Responsible for annual increase letters to staff members.
• Responsible for annual IRP5 certificates, employment equity and workman’s compensation submission.
• Responsible for company income tax return annually.
• EMP201 submissions and payment release.
• EMP501 bi-annual and annual submissions.
• Responsible for SARS queries, liaison and tax clearance certificate as required.
• Monthly VAT201 calculation and payment release.
• Various bank credit, fleet card applications and bank liaison as required.
• Oversee and prepare the annual audit and assist auditors where necessary.
• Responsible to monitor budget against actuals monthly.
• Responsible for budget preparation for board submission annually.
• Responsible for daily cashflow management.
• Compile and deliver consolidated management accounts with commentary monthly.
• Responsible for annual cost to company budget calculations.
• Responsible for annual employer’s association submissions to the department of labour.
• Ensure that insurance policy is renewed annually and update the policy as required.
• Responsible for investment statements and liaison as required.
• Analysis of financial statements and recommendations based on analysis with regards to liquidity rations, activity ratios, leverage ratios etc. as required.
You will be overseeing a bookkeeper and an Accountant:
• One is accountant is doing all the work up till Balance sheet. Does not do Financial reporting, cash flow forecasting and management, special projects, payment releasing, no legal secretary tasks and no payroll – all done by FM.
• Other does Debtors only, loading price lists, raising invoices. No cash book.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Only South African citizens will be considered
Please be advised that all appointments are made in line with our Employment Equity Strategy.