Financial Plant Controller - Uitenhage
more than 14 days ago
• B Com Accounting with articles or CIMA
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• 5 years experience in a costing environment within a manufacturing plant
• Proven experience with at least 2 cost savings projects
• At least two years’s experience as an Accounting manager
• Good intercultural skills
Key Performance Areas:
KPAs include, but are not limited to, the following –
• Improve cost accounting processes
• Establishes and maintains cost accounting procedures for the SA plant
• Ensures that financial controls are in place throughout the plant that are consistent with group policy and are actively enforced. This includes, but is not limited to, procedures for accounting cut-off.
• Performs monthly cost closing activities, as well as additional quarterly and year-end schedules.
• Oversee the process of establishing standard costs, which includes an analysis of raw material costs, labor costs, and overhead rates.
• Update standard cost as requested by Corporate.
• Compile a summary analysis of the annual standard cost change's impact
• Prepare and reviews cost estimates for new products and product changes as requested.
• Assist with product costing projects as needed by conducting analysis of product pricing breakdowns.
• Assist the commercial and pricing teams with product cost information.
• Monthly summary and analysis of material variances
• Perform soft close forecasting monthly for material variance estimations and provide summary analysis
• Material variance forecast for AOP
• Assist the production teams, financial controller, and management team with financial matters.
• Develop an annual budget and track/measure subsequent performance on all factory expense accounts.
• Maintain accurate monthly management accounts, which include all expenses and labor costs.
• Submit daily purchase requisitions for the plant and approve invoices.
• Compile monthly reporting packages for distribution to the production team, local management, and corporate.
• Assist in and supervise physical inventories (RM, WIP, and Engineering stores) and subsequent analysis on a monthly and annual basis, as required.
• Monthly E&O calculation of raw material inventory
• Report on capital expenditures spent versus approved budget
• Support and management of fixed asset inventory count over a five-year cycle
• Coordinate and oversee APDP (Automotive Production Development Program) duty drawback claim procedures by compiling and submitting information to SASFIN. Supervise subsequent audits of this process by external auditors.
• Capture HR controlling data into FIRE.
• Liaise with human resources regarding employee cost centers to ensure an accurate breakdown of variable and fixed costs.
• Compile a report on hours worked for the plant manager
• Completion and submission of the scorecard for the plant
• Contribute to cost-cutting calculations
• Update cost savings into SPRINT
• Update NQC reporting tool
• Prepare and submit plant KPI's in Sharepoint
If you do not have a response within 7 days then your application was unsuccessful.