Finishing Foreman - Building - Port Elizabeth
This large Construction Company working throughout South Africa, is looking for suitably qualified Finishing Foreman - Building to join their Eastern Cape branch.
Education / Qualification
• Grade 12 with a trade in Carpentry and or Joinery experience
• 10 years’ construction experience within a Building Contractor environment, with 5 years as a finishing Foreman
• Sound knowledge of site environments and workflow requirements
• Very sound knowledge of safety procedures
• Sound knowledge of quality control particularly when it comes to finishing procedures
• Sound technical knowledge associated with site construction requirements
• Sound management skills
• Some Microsoft Office skills
• Consistently excellent control over all construction finishing productivity
• 100% adherence to all ISO and quality control requirements, policies and procedures
• Ensure all site assets and consumables are carefully and appropriately managed and used
• Ensure all programme updates are accurately filed for quick accessibility
• Ensure all changes to site drawings are updated and available to appropriate staff
• Ensure all site staff clearly understand site instructions
• Consistent compliance with all safety legislation
• Complete all safety inspections and maintain accurate records
• Display all required safety signage
• Ensure the appropriate use of all safety apparel and equipment
• Maintain effective site teams - maintain site teams’ morale, ensure staff receive relevant training, set clear performance standards, ensure all
team members are treated equally.
Please bear in mind that we are going into a lockdown so interviews will only take place when we are out of the lockdown.