Floorplan Technician - Cape Town
Location: Cape Town Century City
Duration: Full Time
Are you interested in drafting, surveying, property, VR and technology.
We have an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic, digitally literate individual, with technical expertise to draft floorplans using customized systems and technologies, who would like to work amongst like-minded creatives.
We are an ambitious production company looking to add to our start-up dream team. We are responsible for processing assets, applying quality standards and reviewing materials for publication to B2B customers.
You should be a flexible self-starter able to operate effectively in a fast paced and evolving environment. You should have a desire to apply your experience in a fast growing business, to drive commercial applications and deliver the best outcomes.
You should be confident learning and mastering software and new systems. You aim for the best and should be motivated by quality, competence and continuous improvement. You should have an open, energetic attitude: good enough is never enough. You need to be confident in learning and mastering off-the-shelf software and custom built systems by continuously adapting at a fast pace.
There will be 2 tiers depending on experience:
• R6 - R8k pm Junior
• R8k - R10k pm Senior
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
• Improve the workflow and quality processes for final production assets in the property Industry
• Act as gatekeeper on quality, determining improvements and applying them
• Keep accurate records of QC assets and turnaround times
• Make any requested changes/corrections promptly and correctly
• Reviewing and processing all media to 'customer ready' state
• Own the final quality of assets released to customers
• Become extensively familiar with RICS and IPMS codes and standards
• Calculate square footage and statistics
• Develop floor plan layouts within facility rules and regulations
• Promote positive feedback and solutions to the wider capture team
• Use in-house software tools to audit and augment datasets
• Knowledge of at least 1 of the following programs:
Illustrator, Auto CAD, Rivot, Sketchup or Solidworks
• Any drawing or drafting courses:
Architectural Drafting, Structural Engineering or Architectural Technology
• Relative experience would be advantageous
• Able to communicate clearly (verbal and written)
• World class attention to detail
• Incredible organisation skills
• Have a critical eye for visual aesthetics
• Be adaptable and quick to learn new software
• Be flexible as shift work, evenings or weekends may be required.
• To have commercial digital photography or drafting / surveying experience
• Delivering customer satisfaction
• Going the extra mile
• Being adventurous, open-minded and creative
• Creating a fun positive team spirit
• Embracing and driving
• You should have an open, energetic attitude: good enough is never enough
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Only apply if you have a good attitude and you are willing to learn
• All position are on site
• We are looking at Junior and Senior Level Floorplan Technicians
• Salary will depend on Candidate experience
We are an equal opportunities Company and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.