Foreman Plate Yard - Germiston
7 days ago
Vacancy : Plate-Yard Foreman
Location: Germiston, South Africa
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Qualification: Grade 12 high school certificate/N3 technical qualification/Trade test certificate
Remuneration: Market related and negotiable
Role: Supervise the daily operations in and around the plate yard shop. Manage staff schedules, coordinate the maintenance of the equipment, and ensure operations run smoothly and efficiently.
Experience/ Qualification Requirements:
• Preferable Boiler making trade
• Minimum of seven (7) years in plate prep
• Foreman/Supervisor experience
• Valid driver's license.
• Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• A great understanding of work optimization techniques.
• Good knowledge of the applicable safety regulations and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership abilities.
• Good time management and problem-solving skills.
• A willingness to work long hours and overtime, if needed.
• Works independently to troubleshoot and resolve problems
• Proficient in the use of measuring equipment
• Read & understand design and fabrication drawings
• Plate yard machinery experience i.e., Rollers, Press brake, Plasma
Skills / Abilities Requirements:
Ability to read and interpret design drawings.
Able to review nesting
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to work independently and stick to a deadline.
Ability to stand for extended periods.
Ability to lift heavy objects.
Ability to work after-hours when required.
Ability to Manage people and work with others.
Duties/Responsibilities of this Role:
Supervising and training staff.
Creating and managing the staff, maintenance, and work schedules.
Overseeing work to anticipate, detect, and address factors that impede operations.
Enforcing safety and quality regulations, procedures, and protocols.
Conducting performance reviews with staff.
Meeting with management to deliver feedback and develop work
Implementing strategies to optimize workflow and operational efficiency.
Ensuring that all equipment and machinery are properly operated and maintained.
Performing administrative tasks orders, stock receipts, Stock take, stock control and other steel control measures and staff
Knowledge on how to operate and equipment i.e., Roller, Guillotine, Cropper, Band saw, Plasma profiling
Responsible for reading and interpreting technical drawings,
Completing quality control tests during the manufacturing stage and on the final product.
Training new staff on machine operation procedures.
Materials knowledge i.e., stainless steel, carbon steel