Fresh Foods Buyer - Cape Town
Who are we looking for? A people-orientated team player who is able to multi task effectively and exude professionalism and high standard when completing tasks and maintaining supplier relationships!!
The Fresh Foods Buyer will be reporting to Merchandise Managers.
JOB ROLE: To work with the Foods & Fresh Merchandise Managers to maximise sales & profitability of the Ambient food & fresh food departments and to keep Company at the forefront of innovation.
A keen interest in Health & Nutrition would be very advantageous!
Some duties will include:
- Sourcing newness & innovation & the development of brand merchandise.
- Ensure all new products listed are being produced ethically and in line with the department strategy.
- Ensure all new products has been approved by the product technologist, prior to listing.
- Negotiating the most beneficial Trading Terms with suppliers and sign off with Foods Merchandise Manager.
- Implement new range launches in stores & determine the store catalogue & the layout with the planner.
- Collating Trading Terms & liaising with Finance Team to set up new suppliers
- Updating Cost & Selling prices from suppliers once buyer has approved price changes
- Analysing price discrepancies on invoices & claiming credit from suppliers where appropriate.
- Assist with Monthly collection promotional deals & ensure that planning department receives information timeously
- Loading all promotional deals, signing off of POS material & online collections
Requirements to be met:
• Matric and Relevant completed Retail qualification
• Previous Buying experience needed in Retail industry!
• Proven ability to deliver KPI’S NB
• Extremely computer literate in Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent ability to forge long lasting relationships with suppliers