Graduate Mechanical Engineer - eThekwini - Cato Ridge
13 days ago
Mechanical Engineering Graduate – eThekwini Durban
Salary: R9000.00 Per Month
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for a recently Qualified Mechanical Engineering Graduate to join a production company for a 2 year graduate programme based in eThekwini. The successful candidate will gain exposure to all facets of health, safety, reporting, operating procedures, engineering, production and recycling environments.
Purpose of Position:
A large production company based in eThekwini is on the lookout for a recently Qualified Mechanical Engineer graduate for a two-year graduate programme.
· Grade 12; Mechanical Engineering Degree
· Trade Certificate in Mechanical / Fitter – Highly Advantageous
· Essential Requirements - Candidates must have own transport and be willing to work shifts and be on call
· Ability to accurately read a tape measure
· Ability to be self-directed and multitask
· Ability to follow directions
· Ability to lead and manage the performance of others
· Duties to include preventative maintenance on utilities machines and equipment; as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant;
· Involvement with new design, installation, and movements of existing machines;
· Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment.
· Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
· Perform to the quality, waste, production standards and goals
· Meet or exceed the customers (both internal and external) expectations
· Meet the highest of quality standards
· Communicate orally and/or in writing to other departments for resolution of mechanical problems, reporting defective material, coordination of job preparations, changeovers and daily shift information
· Report production accurately and timely including waste, WIP, time codes, raw materials, etc.
Ensure your own safety while operating the machine and that of those assisting with operations
Graduate Programmes enable you to a good level of support when starting your career. Companies offer
Training and development opportunities, A mentor to talk through any problems, The opportunity to study further for a professional qualification. The biggest advantage is the chance to rotate through different departments and gain experience of different functions, showing you your strengths, and interests, as well as possible areas of development and where you may want to take your career into the future.