Graphic Artist - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
Jacques Hau, a leading clothing manufacturer, is seeking to employ an experienced and technically proficient Graphic Artist who has experience in artwork in the Children’s and Ladieswear clothing environment in particular.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To work with your Account Manager to supply a product & service to our customer.
• To create artworks from briefs given by customer.
• To create CADS from various sources
• To work closely with the buyers and artists at customer on provided briefs.
• To handle artworks from concept stage through till production
• To create and update Techpacks. (Techpacks will need to be done accurately according to Merchandiser’s finalised worksheets.)
• To position artworks onto pattern pieces.
• To send the finalised and approved artwork to the printers if required.
• To go on regularly scheduled store visits (to have an awareness of what the competitors are doing and what current trends are.)
• To produce any other graphic work the company might need besides clothing.
REQUIREMENTS & ATTRIBUTES:
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in the clothing art environment beneficial
• Have a good understanding of the design programmes required to design effectively:
o Corel Draw
• Garment construction & patternmaking knowledge beneficial
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and demonstrate a high degree of flexibility
• Creative personality and able to show significant initiative
• Efficient in art & design software
Market-related with benefits based on experience.