Group Accountant - Port Elizabeth
Salary: R300 000 CTC per annum
Our Client is in the Port Elizabeth/Uitenhage region, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic ACCOUNTANT, to manage the financial responsibility of a number of businesses under their portfolio.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about cost accounting and be very goal orientated. Excellent people skills are essentials as wells as be well equipped in Financial Management and Business System and maintain Financial Systems required to produce accurate auditable accounts.
• Maintain a sound Costing System.
• Maintain Financial transaction, legal requirements, financial returns and Financial statements. Monthly reporting
• Maintain costing records. Project costing. Generate costing reports. Develop and maintain costing models. Monitor purchase price variances. Compile monthly management reports
• Job purpose To maintain records of the company’s financial transactions, including the deliverable of auditable financial statements
• Determine and install cost accounting procedures and methods.
• Prepare and analyses cost records and reports
• Conduct audits in costing environments
• Maintain the financial records of the organisation.
• Full control over Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Book and any other source journal
• Effective decision making in the financial and business role
• General Performing any other duties as reasonably required by Management.
• Quality insurance Carrying out all duties in accordance with the quality assurance procedures
• Safety, Sanitation, Security, Housekeeping
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the company.
• Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
• Comply with OHS standards.
• Wear all safety equipment (PPE).
• Report all deviations and defects to senior management
• Dispose all waste correctly and on a continuous basis.
• Adhere to all safety instructions regarding clear walkways and obstructions.
QUALIFICATIONS: B. Comm Accounting (Major: Cost & Management Accounting)
EXPERIENCE: Completed Articles with 7-year manufacturing and/or engineering exposure
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Strong understanding of accounting theory
• Highly detail orientated and organized in work
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Proficiency with email and Microsoft applications
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Vacancy Type: Permanent