HR Manager - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
31-01-2022 7:08:25 AM
Job Title Human Resources Manager
Location Gauteng, Pretoria
Purpose statement It is the purpose of the human resources manager to provide effective human resource management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services that contribute to the attainment of corporate and employee goals by properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the company. The human resources manager is responsible for the entire human resources function of EFG and its subsidiaries (“The Group”).
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer
HR Specialist (PTA)
HR Officer (CT)
The aim is to develop the HR Manager to become a member of the GMB in the next 2 to 3 years in the position of Group HR Manager. In addition to the normal functions of this position, the HR manager will also need to perform certain other functions and duties inline with the development plan, such as participating in the development and implementation of strategic and business plans in partnership with the MD’s of the subsidiaries and heads of departments.
Career path: HR Manager II to HR Manager III.
Responsible for the entire human resources function of the Group. Includes recruitment, employee relations issues, staff counselling, career path planning, employee mobility, employee assistance, and managing the performance appraisal function. Manage the annual salary increases process, employee disciplinary matters and all legal aspects related to the HR function.
- Communicate with all employees, management and other stakeholders
- Be part of and contribute to a team of people.
1. Assist with the implementation of the HR Strategy to:
- Strengthening the Group Culture.
- Retain talent i.e. benchmarking, career development and effective recruitment.
- Drafting, reviewing, updating and administration of company policies and procedures to support the group strategy and the management of the groups human resources.
- Ensure legal compliance with relevant legislation.
2. Guiding and enabling the HR team to provide HR administration/ transactional (HR Compliance) support to the Group including but not limited to:
- Provide inputs to payroll,
- Assist with activities as required with regards to employment equity,
- Compilation of monthly and quarterly HR reports,
- General administrative support,
- Capture all relevant information on HR administrative system,
- Ensure updated leave record system,
- Ensure adherence to HR policies and procedures.
3. Conduct annual remuneration benchmarking for all employees and liaise with management with regards to deviations from the benchmark.
4. Develop, implement and maintain recruitment and selection practices that ensure the appointment of the best possible staff in line with Group policies and legislation. The support to the Group should include, but not limited, the following activities:
- Assist management with job descriptions,
- Conduct grading and benchmarking activities,
- Assist management in the interview process ensuring compliance to company policies,
- Assist management with the internal transfers and promotions,
- Employee on-boarding, induction and termination,
- Managing Employment Equity Targets,
- Assist with workforce planning,
- Co-ordinating probation management and provide assistance to management.
5. Performance Management
- Coordinating and maintaining the Performance management process,
- Ensure KPA and KPI alignment with Job Descriptions,
- Provide Performance management report to management,
- Ensure that the outcomes of the performance management are incorporated in the Individual Development plans.
6. Skills and Employee Development
- Perform an annual skills gap analysis,
- Develop and implement a skills plan based on the gap analysis,
- Assist management with probation management,
- Assist management with the preparation of Individual Development plans and Management Development where applicable,
- Administration of bursary schemes and graduate programmes and learnerships,
- Regulatory Shills development plan submission, Compile and submit Annual Training Reports and liaise with Inseta and Fasset.
7. Support management in development, implementation, and review succession plans and manage these planes in line with the Individual development plans.
8. Co-ordinate and management of Employee relations
- Disciplinary matters, grievances, poor performance management,
- Restructuring and retrenchments,
- CCMA dealings.
9. Management of the Groups Employment Equity strategy ensuring compliance to the policy and legislation.
- Implement strategies to overcome barriers and company challenges,
- Consult and liaise with representative body, management and the Department of Labour,
- Compile and submit the necessary reports.
10. Legislative Compliance
- Ensure compliance with legislation that includes but is not limited to the Basic Conditions of Employment, Employment Equity, Skills Development and Occupational Health and Safety,
- Act as Skills development facilitator and conduct responsibilities associated to it inclusive of WSP, ATR and liaison with Seta’s,
11. Provide support to employees by creating a safe and trustworthy environment where employees can share their problems with HR and where HR can provide first level counselling and support.
Technology - Implement and maintain a HR system to support management and the HR function.
- Sage 300 People, PaySpace, VIP, ESS, RemChannel, Remeasure, MS Office & MS Outlook.
Job Evaluation Criteria Formal Education
At least 8-10 years post qualification experience.
Critical Competencies Knowledge
- Relevant HR Legislation
- Sage 300 People, PaySpace, VIP, ESS, RemChannel, Remeasure, MS Office & MS Outlook
- Skills development and Employment equity processes
- Communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Report writing
- Conflict handling
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted