Human Resources Generalist - Port Elizabeth
Please Submit: Updated MS Word CV; RFL ALL Employment History Incl Current; Current Salary P/M
Purpose of Position:
We are recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist with experience from the Manufacturing and or Automotive industry. This is a permanent position, based in Port Elizabeth.
• Grade 12, HR Qualification
• MS Office and sound computer knowledge
• Experience &/Or Certifications in Labour Law; Industrial Relations; Payroll etc
• Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Male candidates, as per our client’s request, will be first option.
Recruitment, Selection & Talent Management
• Attract, retain and motivate staff.
• Manage the recruitment process and ensure candidates fit the role and company culture.
• Advertise vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants.
• Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, do probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations.
• Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions.
• Identify training /skills / competency needs within the organisation.
• Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management.
• Compile and Submit Mandatory Grants to the Seta (MerSeta) within the prescribed timeframe.
• Identify skills shortages and where there is need to improve and inform management.
• Ensure a Skills Development Committee is in place and that regular meetings are kept. This committee is vital in assisting with shortages of skills and in finding replacements for Learners who cannot continue with a particular training programme.
• Illuminate grant recoveries from the Seta.
• Consult with Managers on employee's labour relations issues.
• Consult with Unions, Shop stewards and office bearers.
• Create awareness on LRA, Basic conditions of Employment Act and all other labour legislation.
• Grievances; Disciplinary Hearings; Incapacity Hearings
• Company Representation at CCMA / DRC Conciliation
• Company Representation at CCMA / DRC Arbitration
• Manage Employment Equity processes
• Submission on online employment equity reports
• HR Representation on EE Committee
HR Reporting and Administration
• Ensure all documentation is filed electronically and hard copies are made available.
• Ensure all company information is safe guarded at all times.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Top Management where necessary.
• Have back to work interviews for staff who returns from Sick leave to determine competency to safeguard the company on risks.
• Manage and identify the company's key performance management process (KPI’s and KPA’s).
• Custodian of effective performance management practices.
• Implement performance management initiatives.
• Ensure that performance management is standardized.
• Ensure that all employees are informed of and trained in the application of the performance management model and system. Monitoring, evaluating and reporting results.
• Lead programmes that are aimed at improving employee morale.
• Identify and analyses current organizational effectiveness.
• Ensure that relevant induction programmes are conducted to ensure staff are made aware of
changes and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations.
• Motivated Innovation programmes and rewards
Policies and Procedures
• Develop, update and implement all HR as well as company policies and procedures.
Budget & Cost Management
• Drive HR related cost savings and manage HR budgets
Health, Safety, Environmental & Security
• Assist with all Health, Safety, and Environmental & Security issues.
• Assist in regular audit processes when needed.
• Compile Biographical information, leave forms, change in statuses, disciplinary hearings, training and remuneration changes and sent through to Head Office.
• Liaise with Head Office on queries related to wages / salaries
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.