I.T Team Lead - Somerset West
Key performance areas:
? Managing the team of systems administrators and support technicians, which include:
• Attending daily stand-ups.
• Scheduled in-house technical training and mentoring.
• Ad-hoc technical task assistance.
• Goals & Objectives mentoring, guidance and performance evaluation.
• Daily task prioritization.
• Task and documentation reviews.
• Ensuring efficient workflows are in place and followed.
• Ensuring all tasks is completed to the required standard.
? Strategic planning for the company’s IT needs and infrastructure.
? Designing the in-house physical, logical and virtual networks.
? Advising system administrators on the implementation and maintenance of all networks and IT systems.
? Take full accountability for company backups, disaster recovery planning & execution.
? Take full accountability for internal systems uptime.
? Liaising with CTO & business unit managers to select optimal technologies to solve clients’ requirements.
? Assisting with IT budget as required.
? Ensuring all IT policies and security standards are adhered to.
The successful candidate must have:
? Must with an advanced Certificate /Diploma in Information Technology.
? Minimum 3 years’ experience working on a Linux-based network.
? Experience managing a small team.
? Advanced knowledge of IPv4 networking.
? Good experience with virtualisation technologies (container / OS-based beneficial)
? Broad knowledge of the following services and technologies:
• Database servers (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Task management tools (e.g. Jira)
• Documentation tools (e.g. MediaWiki, Confluence)
• Version Control systems (e.g. Git)
• Document management systems (e.g. Microsoft Sharepoint)
• Server monitoring
• Asset tracking
• Routing & switching
• Network File share protocols
• Azure cloud
• Scripting – Python, Bash, PowerShell
? Technically inclined & savvy.
? Ability to learn quickly.
? Attention to detail.
? Strong debugging skills giving the ability to methodically identify a problem and implement an optimal solution with regards to IT systems.
? Excellent written and verbal communication.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.