Importer - Ballito
13 days ago
A dynamic position has become available for an experienced Importer with a high attention to detail. The ideal candidate must possess adequate experience in the international trade industry. Excellent negotiation skills to deal with the demands of overseas and local suppliers. They must be familiar with the legal requirements regarding the importing of shipments, as well as the company's internal procedures. The ideal candidate must possess excellent customer services and be confident with working with figures and spreadsheets, since they will have to convert weights, volumes, and currencies for international shipments.
Duties & Responsibilities
Including but not be limited to:
• Liaising with freight forwarders,
• Conducting costing and tracking shipments of goods purchased.
• Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
• Manage stock shrinkage at the branch
• Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers (Mangwanani Spas)
• Record daily receipts and distribution to reconcile inventory
• Use online software to monitor demand and manage of inventory levels
• Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
• Analyze data to anticipate future needs
• Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
• Collaborate with Spa employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
• Report to management on stock levels, issues etc.
• Ensure branches understand the process required.
• Ensure branch compliance with Purchase Requisitions, Quotations, Purchase Orders, Goods Receipt, and Inventory /issue.
• Manage monthly stock take and report on variances for all branches
• Experience in the international trade industry (compulsory).
• Proven experience as an imports manager or similar position
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Working knowledge of inventory management software – Excel, Pastel Evolution
• Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
• An analytical mind with strong math skills
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Fluent in English (additional languages spoken will be advantageous)
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Grade 12
• Certificate/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or relevant field
• International trade certificate advantageous.
• Pastel Evolution
• Microsoft Office
• Excellent Excel skills
• 2+ years’ experience
Location: Ballito, North Coast, KwaZulu-Natal
Please forward your cv Applications close on the 20th of October 2021. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us by 30th of October 2021.