Imports Controller - Johannesburg
more than 14 days ago
Managing Expenses by…
• Profit & Loss to be completed and file LOCKED 72 hours before vessel arrival.
• Freighting of bills to be done when receiving Pre-alert documents.
• Invoice queries and amendments finalised acknowledged 24 hours of receipt.
• Split Files – provisions / actuals to be inserted into the controlling branch file within 48 hrs before vessel arrival.
• All Creditor (overseas agents & local) invoices to be captured into system before being sent to HO Accounts for payment.
• No operational errors with financial implications.
• Provisions to be checked weekly for resolve.
Adherence to Policies & Procedures by…
• RCG EDI to SARS 24hrs prior to Vessel ETD at POL.
• Ops file to be registered in the system immediately on receipt of ALH / RCG.
• Update of container milestones from RCG registration of file.
• Acknowledge and respond to queries (clients, agents, branch) within 2 hours of receipt of request.
• Invoice related queries and amendments finalised within 24-48 hours of receipt (to accommodate terms and time differences).
• Pending queries with an inability to resolve, must be escalated to the Supervisor / Manager within 24 hrs.
• SOB & charges to be sent to client. SOB’s 5-7 working days before vessel arrival and charges 3 working days before vessel arrival. (Exceptions as per trade lane schedule / branch and client SOP).
• Depot documents (including re-load instructions) sent to service provider 72 hours before vessel arrival.
• Carrier line documents to be submitted to shipping line 72 hours prior to vessel arrival.
• Cargo dues to be captured 72 hours before vessel arrival.
• Outturn Report to origin agent within 24 hours after unpacks.
• Customs, SAPS etc stops or detentions actioned within 1 hour of receipt of notification and followed through to confirmation of release.
• Claim procedure to be followed - All damaged notifications to be sent to customers where applicable.
• Track & Trace - milestones.
• Call one customer per day, to boost volume and support.
Operations Excellence Technology Continuous Improvement by…
• EDI message to SARS sent 72 hours prior to vessel arrival.
• File (paperless & hardcopy) to be opened within 3 working days of pre-alert being received from origin.
• Import files to be checked before capturing file, to ensure all documents tie up.
• Action Stock on Hand as and when received by Supervisor.
• The ability to use their experience, to apply lateral thinking within a variety of situations ensuring the opportunities are qualified and progressed within other divisions of the Group.
• Displaying the behavior of a leader, embracing the company culture of the Three EEE’s both internally and externally.
• Compliance to all company policies, practices, process and procedures without exception.
• Must have sound knowledge and understanding of practices & processes within the Ocean Freight environment.
• Excellent communication both written / verbal at all levels.
• Excellent command of English.
• Must have organizational skills and effective time management skills.
• Must have good telephonic manners and consistent liaison skills.
• Minimum of Grade 12 / Matric.
• Certificate or Diploma in Supply Chain Management NQF 5 or similar could be an advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years working experience within the industry focusing in Ocean Freight.
• Incoterms Knowledge an advantage.