Industrial Designer - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
We are a creativity-driven company specialising in custom furniture design and manufacturing who seeks to employ an innovative and qualified Industrial Designer.
REQUIREMENTS & DUTIES
• At least 2-3 years' experience in furniture or similar industrial design.
• Relevant qualification in product design and experienced use of design software.
• Experience in using Autodesk Fusion 360 to create designs/renderings (2D and 3D models).
• Consult with clients to determine requirements for designs.
• Examine materials and manufacturing requirements to determine production costs.
• Create Customer Quotations.
• Work with suppliers to ensure the final product aligns with original design and project scope.
• You must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Require a natural problem-solving ability, and meet deadlines.
• Need to have valid driver's license and reliable transport to visit customers (site visits) and suppliers.
IMPORTANT: You are required to submit a PORTFOLIO of design work that you have already done yourself.
• Include in your CV your answers to the following questions:
1) Why are you applying for this position?
2) What do you believe makes you stand out from another person applying for this same position?
3) Example of a difficult situation you were in within the office environment and how you personally dealt with it.
4) What have you done in your current or previous job that makes you proud? Why?
5) What do you enjoy designing the most?