Information Security Officer - Johannesburg
Type of Business:
65K – 68K CTC per month
Our Client is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are what motivates them to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Our Client Is seeking to employ an Information Security Officer (ISO) to be accountable for ensuring appropriate controls are in place for the security of information assets. The ISO will be the centre of competence for Information Security, providing an advisory services role and acting as the focal point for security compliance-related activities and responsibilities for our Client.
• Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
• Work directly with the business units to facilitate risk assessment and risk management processes
• Develop and enhance an information security management framework
• Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems, and services
• Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security organization
• Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns
• Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
• Educate workers about computer security and promote security awareness and security protocols
• IT security systems administration - Act as system administrator for a variety of security-related systems, including but not limited to intrusion detection and prevention devices, connection loggers, vulnerability scanners, and network monitoring devices.
• Ensure security is embedded in IT System and Network Infrastructure (Mobile, IS and Enterprise) across organization
• Choose, implement, monitor and upgrade computer anti-virus and malware protection systems.
• Upgrade systems regularly to remain competitive in the field of security.
• Communicate the system status and keep users informed of downtime or changes to the system
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
• Finding the best way to secure the IT infrastructure of an organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
• University degree in the field of computer science and information security
• Honours Degree would be an advantage
• 3+ years’ security-related work experience,
• Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and NIST.
• Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g. SCCM)
• Knowledge and experience of Information Security Risk and Security governance CCNA, CISSP, CISM or related certification is a definite plus
• Knowledge of working with Information security tool (e.g. Firewalls, Antivirus, Network monitoring tool)
• Experience dealing with Audits
• Experience working with stakeholders
• Strong process methods
• Provide Cyber Security Guidance across functions and regions.
• Drive remediation activities across an organization.
• Extensive experience in Information Technology, with a background in Security