Installation Technician - East London
Responsibilities will include:
• Perform alarm installations as per quotation
• Program alarm panels / system as per specifications
• Issue clients with quotes on site for additional equipment if necessary
• Plan the cable runs with the wireman
• Obtain customer codes before attending a call daily and when on Standby
• Complete handovers
• Complete invoices and job cards after every installation
• Provide feedback to Manager / Supervisor and Call Centre upon completion of a call
• Ensure that installation corresponds to Sales Rep’s quotation
• Ensure that alarms are programmed according to ADT prescribed standards
• Ensure that the correct details are quoted
• Adhere to Zero Harm requirements at all times
• Ensure that the correct customer details are obtained prior to attending the call
• Ensure that handovers, invoices and job cards are completed accurately and within prescribed standards
• Ensure that feedback is provided timeously to the relevant parties
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Matric or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Wireman in a security industry.
• Previous programming, wiring, installations and fault finding experience
JOB REQUIREMENTS & OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
• Valid driver’s licence essential
• Must be PSIRA registered (Grade C) Advantages (Company will assist with registration)
• Sound knowledge of DSC, FBI, CADDX, IDS, Paradox and Telecom systems
• Knowledge of CCTV, Intercom systems and access control advantageous
• Able to work standby as and when required
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.