Insurance Liaison Officer - Hermanus
Our Client is a leading financial services company based in the pretty seaside town of Hermanus.
Due to recent expansion, they are now looking for an Insurance Administrator who will be a key member of the Sales & Customer Services team. The role is responsible for gathering information from insurers, required by the Financial Consultant to establish the service to be delivered to the prospective customer. The role will facilitate and administer processes necessary to achieve mutually agreed customer outcomes, taking responsibility for communication on specific accepted services. The role requires that relevant information is supplied in a prompt fashion whilst also keeping customers informed on progress until outcomes are successfully achieved. This role therefore requires the incumbent to liaise with customers, internal staff and external insurers.
The candidate should have proven expertise in both business and technical facets of the role including:
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Experience in or exposure to Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act, and Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA).
• At least 2 years’ experience in reasonably complex process orientated environment and of which at least 2 years must be within the
Financial Services industry.
• Experience as a Broker Assistant will be beneficial to this position.
• Proven ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously, while also working successfully within a team.
• Proven organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are consistently achieved.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
• Excellent telephone manner and confident on the phone.
• Demonstrate inclusive, collaborative and engaging approach; including the ability to facilitate, negotiate and influence a broad range of
people at all levels in a medium sized corporate environment.
• An ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Solid stakeholder management skills and ability to develop trusted and enduring relationships with insurers.
• Sophisticated communications skills, both verbal and written (English and Afrikaans).
• Strong interpersonal skills coupled within a resilient yet enthusiastic life disposition, including the ability to remain calm in dynamic situations
and project with sunny poise and aura.
• Demonstrated and applied knowledge of relevant regulatory and compliance frameworks.