Intermediate Actuarial Analyst - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
06-12-2021 4:01:00 AM
Intermediate Actuarial Analyst
This is a specialist role that is involved in the design and development of innovative product offerings as well as managing, maintaining and enhancing existing retirement products. The incumbent works at a team level and is accountable for service delivery within a function/team for time spans of between 3 months to 1 year.
• Undertakes the specialist functions of planning and coordinating the execution of market-/ competitor-/customer focused- research, interpreting findings and giving input into the creation of the product strategy.
• Supports and facilitates the design and development of product propositions, including the planning of the feasibility, prototyping, testing, refinement, and changes.
• Develops and defines a business case for the product development/build teams.
• Undertakes effective ongoing stakeholder engagement, collaboration, communication and change management through all the stages of the product development and deployment cycle.
• Defines and develops the product Customer Value Proposition and manages the final product testing and build with various business partners and stakeholders within a project driven environment.
• Undertakes the functions of rendering specialist product support, management of the current book, product enhancements and product performance tracking and reporting.
• Compiles detailed reports and presentations for the various stakeholder groups (Regulators, Trustees, Exco etc.).
• Assessing and recommending decisive action relating to customer value for money
• Product development and implementation, including system testing
• Documentation, including product specifications and client facing material
• Ensuring client and marketing material are consistent with product rules
• Compiling reports
• Compiling presentations and facilitating presentations to groups
• Automating of processes and reports using programming techniques or analytics technology
• Investigations related to product rules, business optimisation and feasibility studies, including product strategy.
• Product reviews, both internal and competitors.
• Actuarial student with minimum of 7 actuarial credits
• At least 1 year’s work experience
• Comfortable working with all levels of business stakeholders (junior, middle and senior management)
• Advanced Excel
• Programming skills (VBA, SQL, Python)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Access) l10.10o