Intermediate Actuarial Specialist - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
Intermediate Actuarial Specialist
Work as part of the Business Partner Team which is tasked with consolidating profit and new business, assisting in forecasting, business planning and financial reporting.
Assist in preparing of regular commentary based on these for management reports.
• Check the quality and reasonability of input data received.
• Consolidate and summarise the results in the agreed formats
• Check the results for reasonability and compare it to previous results
• Draft the commentary and prepare slides on the drivers of consolidated segment profits
• Understand the drivers, risks and management actions implicit in the business plan
• Draft the commentary on the consolidated segment forecast and plan.
• Assist with ad hoc and information requests from the business
• Involvement and assistance with projects
• Continuous improvement of existing processes with the aim of improving overall efficiency
• Preparation and improving of existing models, with a view to robust and flexible models
• Assist with assessing and supporting various strategic projects which will propel and steer the business forward into the future
• Actuarial student with minimum of 9 actuarial credits
• Minimum 2 years’ actuarial experience
• Strong technical skills and attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and across teams
• Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to plan and prioritise
• Motivated self-starter who shows initiative, is proactive and looks for ways to improve existing processes
• Able to complete tasks within agreed timelines with limited guidance
• High levels of drive, energy and innovation
• Willing to learn and grow
• Proficiency in excel and VBA will be an advantage. l28.8o
Please note: the appointment may be made at a lower/higher role size depending on experience and exam progress.