Intermediate Actuarial Specialist - Cape Town
8 days ago
Intermediate Actuarial Specialist
Cape Town and Sandton
Providing actuarial services to the life entities in the Rest of Africa, consolidating and explaining the life financial results for the company in all aspects of reporting: monthly management reporting, forecasting, business planning, quarterly IFRS and MCEV reporting as well as capital reporting to regulators.
• Ensure that valuation results (IFRS4 profits and Embedded Value) are produced accurately, within agreed deadlines and with appropriate supporting commentary.
• Ownership of the custom-built Prophet models, plus other models, for calculation of liabilities, embedded value and capital in various African countries.
• Ensure that capital calculations (Statutory, Internal, SAM and Economic Capital) are produced accurately and on time.
IFRS 17 project:
• Support the team’s production of dry-run and transition results for the upcoming IFRS 17 implementation.
• Ensure that all actuarial processes are performed as efficiently as possible, finding and delivering continuous process improvement and standardisation opportunities as well as ensuring processes are performed with appropriate controls.
• Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Actuarial Science (Required), Bachelor of Science (BSc): Actuarial Science (Required)
• Actuarial graduate with a minimum of 7 exam credits
• At least one-year actuarial experience
• Strong technical skills (especially with valuations experience in Prophet)
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower/higher role size depending on the successful candidates’ experience and exam progress. l23.11o