IT Administrator - Cape Town
more than 14 days ago
• Windows 10 & Server 2012R2 and later
• Active Directory
• Device management and system security (InTune & Group Policies)
• Firewall, endpoint & intrusion protection (Fortigate & Defender)
• DNS / DHCP / NPS
• Virtualisation (Hyper-V)
• Storage, backup and recovery
• Office 365
• Exchange Online Hybrid
• LAN / WAN / VPN
• Point of Sale Systems such as GAAP & MacromatiX
• Payment systems – Speedpoint, Zapper, etc.
• Knowledge of CCTV systems
• BSc / BA / National Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent professional certification
• Microsoft Azure Administration Associate or higher
• Microsoft 365 Identity & Services
• Valid South African ID
• No criminal record
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network, and virtualization.
• Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
• Set up accounts and workstations and manage licensing of all users and systems.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
• Responsible for active directory and security.
• Lead desktop support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
• Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and system performance.
• Ensure restaurant system uptime requirements are achieved and data submissions are current.
• Conduct pro-active system testing and maintenance of systems on an ongoing basis