IT DESKTOP SUPPORT - Durban
more than 14 days ago
03-10-2021 8:24:14 PM
The above vacancy is available for suitably qualified individuals to support the department to meet its objectives so as to contribute positively to the overall company objectives.
QUALIFICATION & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum Education level: Degree/National Diploma in IT
• At least 3 years relevant work experience.
• IT specific requirements: Experience in networks, applications like MS-Office 2013-365, and Operating Systems (OS) such from Windows XP to 10.
• Knowledge of Microsoft 365
• Basic Knowledge of PLC
• Active Directory Knowledge
• A+ and N+ is an advantage.
• Ability to work shifts, overtime, and stand-by as and when required.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Diagnose and troubleshoot network and desktop (and related IT devices) problems.
• Perform daily and weekly backups and updates.
• Create and manage asset register for various IT devices.
• Installation and configuration of OS, drivers, and applications.
• Assemble/build PCs and/or replace PC components.
• Management and setup of VC meeting equipment.
• End user account setup and configuration.
• Visualisation of Helpdesk and Network incidents.
• Support Plant IT requirements.
• Finance accounting software support.
• Develop advanced office files for other departments.
• Perform preventive IT maintenance and security activities.
• Support network and stand-alone printers.
• Ensure all IT related operations run smoothly
• Create reports for IT Department.
• Ensure compliance with company IT security rules.
• Perform ad hoc activities as and when required.
• Accurate information gathering and analysis
• Awareness and commitment to company mission
• Strategic allocation of resources and review of work methods
• Awareness of situations and decisiveness
• Communication and sharing of plans
• Creation of innovative vision
• Establishing framework and system for organisational learning
• Establishment of objective project results review