IT Support - Johannesburg
EXAMPLE: #IT0568 MIDRAND
Role: IT SUPPORT
The incumbent will perform real work that will provide opportunities to explore their interests and develop professional skills and competencies. During this period the incumbent will be exposed to actual working life, an experiential foundation to their career choices, and the chance to build valuable business networks
It is expected that the candidate will also be challenged to examine how their attitudes, beliefs, and values influence the learning process, thus promoting independent living skills.
• IT Support
• Hardware Support
• Software Support
• Network Support
• End User Support
• Setup/configuration, software/hardware maintenance
• Printer Support
• Printer setup/configuration
• End-user support
• End-user Support
• Managing tickets logged by users, ensuring SLAs are adhered to in terms of turn-around times in issue resolution
• Liaising with clients on issues reported, keeping them updated on the status of current issues.
• Complete and submit to the departmental Mentor weekly Log Sheet in a timely manner
• Communicate with Mentor any issues that may affect your performance of assigned
responsibilities or the overall success or the experience.
• Appreciate diversity in all of its forms and respect various social and political viewpoints
Uphold the values and Conduct Code of the organization and act in an ethical manner.
• Matric (Grade 12);
• Networks+, Cyber Security (in progress)
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Basic listening skills.
• Show initiative/Be proactive
• Be willing to learn from other around you and be willing to share information/knowledge.
• Respond to supervision appropriately.
• Youth (18-34) years, Unemployed
• Must reside in and around Johannesburg
• Knowledge of Youth Employment Service advantageous.
• R3500 p/m stipend