IT SUPPORT - Cape Town
3 Month Contract in Cape Town
IT Support Position
Our client is an international non-profit school with a single mission: to break the cycle of poverty. Poverty touches every aspect of a child’s life, determines their future and almost always leave them trapped in a spiral of unemployment and continued poverty. They offer no-fee scholarships to students from some of the poorest neighbourhoods and supports them for 18 years with a fully serviced, holistic education of the best quality while following national regulations and being oriented to achieving educational goals.
They operate eight Grade R-12 schools around the world of which the centre in Cape Town, established in 2002 is the only centre in Africa. The centre currently serves twenty communities in Cape Town.
As part of their holistic 18-year offering, they instill strong character development ethics, complemented by professional health care, nutritious meals, psychosocial counselling, family assistance and college and careers planning and support (up until five years after graduating).
About the Role
Qualifications - (must have)
• Microsoft Office suite/ Microsoft Office 365
• 2 years’ minimum experience providing ?technical support??
• Office suite - Word, Excel, Teams etc.
• In depth knowledge of Windows OS (W10)
• ?PC imaging and configuration??
• ?Tech must be comfortable with all types of desktop and laptop hardware, setup and maintenance, including installation and configuration, printers, and other PC accessories. ??
• Strong admin skills (record keeping and update of fixed assets)
• Apply skills described above to resolve clients’ issues
• Troubleshoot software, hardware, network issues & peripherals
• Reinstallation of OS
• Removal of viruses/malware
• Software upgrades and installation
• PC Imaging and configuration
• The ability to read and understand technical procedures and policies.
• Fixed Assets record keeping
The successful candidate will also have:
• Hands on experience troubleshooting computing hardware, software and network systems.
• High level of capability to troubleshooting and installing Microsoft products including W10, Office 365 and other general software such as Antivirus, specialised software etc.
• The ability to read and understand technical procedures and policies
• Ability to own tasks and work with limited supervision; desire to solve problems through research and testing.
The competencies required for success in the role include:
• Drive for Results: Can be counted on to meet goals successfully, very bottom-line oriented, consistently pushes for results.
• Peer relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all, can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups, can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise, is seen as a team player and is cooperative, Encourages collaboration.
• Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly, can learn new skills and knowledge, and is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
• Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; is not upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
• Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.