Junior Admin Officer - Pretoria
more than 14 days ago
20-09-2021 7:01:38 PM
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To render administrative support within the Chief Directorate/Directorate.
Key Performance Areas:
Financial administration and coordination Chief Directorate (CD)/Directorate(D)
• Monitor monthly expenditure patterns and trends to budget projections.
• Reconcile expenditure projection with the actual spending.
• Coordinate financial planning processes.
• Complete relevant documentation for transfer of funds.
• Process payment for procurement of goods and service.
• Administer documents and check for compliance in line with the required DST standard (formatting etc.) or government prescripts.
• Monitor outgoing and incoming documentations and monitor compliance as outlined by various units.
• Draft routine letters,memos, reports,submissions etc
• Provide secretariat services in the meetings when required.
• Diary management Conduct logistical arrangements i.e.travel arrangements, booking of venues,caterings etc.
• Coordinate and consolidate monthly, quarterly, annual plans and reports within the CD/D.
• Coordinate calendar of events and assist in organising workshops, conference, joint committee meetings and other department events that require unit participation etc
• Assist in the preparation of events and arranging of packs/documents/ promotional items/gifts etc. that will be used for the event.
• Provide support and inputs during plenary meetings for various events, workshops etc.
Documents and records keeping
• Keep records and ensure that they are easily accessible within the in chief directorate/directorate.
• Maintain filing system manual and electronic within CD/D.
Departmental policies and procedures.
• Office administration practices and procedures.
• Advanced use of word processing, spreadsheet, and other software to create documents and materials requiring the
• interpretation and manipulation of data.
• Knowledge of financial and administrative management.
• Knowledge of Public Service Regulation Act
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Report writing skills
• Events coordination
• Computer literacy and information management systems
• Planning and organising
• Record keeping
Experiences and Qualifications:
• National diploma or degree in office administration with 1 year of experience. or
• Certificate / Diploma in office administration with 5 years of experience.