Junior Creditors Clerk - Randburg
To maintain the Company's supplier database and assist in ensuring the complete, accurate and timely processing and payment of amounts due to suppliers for the purchase of goods and services by Company officials
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the loading and maintaining of all contracts on the procurement system.
- Responsible to verify documentation and load new suppliers on the procurement system, including those related to tenders.
- Regularly check supplier documentation for accuracy and validity and maintain all files to ensure they are up to date and easily accessible
- Responsible for maintaining a valid list of all supplier documents as per the supply chain management policy.
- Compile a weekly report on purchase orders pending approval.
- Follow up and manage all travel requisition forms.
- Assist in requesting invoices and supporting documentation from suppliers or internal divisions.
- Assist in preparing monthly creditors reconciliations.
- Assist on following up on missing statements from suppliers so that reconciliations can be completed.
- Assist with all procurement related projects and department related general admin.
- Report any non-compliance to the necessary level of management for investigation.
- Ensure invoices appearing on suppliers statements is physically on hand. If not a copy with supporting documentation must be requested from the suppliers or internal divisions.
- Adhere to internal accounting and procurement policies, processes and procedures as well as statutory and regulatory rules applicable to the finance and procurement function.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase speed, quality and gain efficiencies.
- Provide accurate and timeous feedback in terms of any reports required by management.
- Liaise with suppliers and assist with queries where necessary.
- 1-2 years' experience in accounts payable or general admin
- Matric / Grade 12 (Accounting needs to be a Matric subject)
- Policies & Procedures
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Medical Schemes Act
- Computer literacy
- Work under pressure
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
CLOSING DATE: Fri 09 Aug 2019