Junior Database SQL Developer - Sandton
more than 14 days ago
A financial advice and investment company based in Sandton is looking for a Junior Database/SQL Developer that will support its data tools and solutions eco-system, as well as work on strategic software, builds, using both back-end and front-end skills, offering support and maintenance.
The role has exposure to all aspects of database administration such as installation, upgrade, patching, backup and recovery, performance and tuning, security, data loads and database copies. It also includes the running of data fix scripts, daily checks (e.g., database backups), automating tasks, maintaining data feeds and investigating problems.
To qualify you have:
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Relevant IT Degree qualification (preferred) or equivalent/Diploma
- At least 1-year of experience with SQL and software development
- At least 1-year of experience in a data-centric development or similar environment
To qualify you know:
• Experience in Power BI (DAX) and Advanced Excel, essential
• Relational databases (e.g., relevant project undertaken at university/college, website creation etc.)
• Proven knowledge of SQL
• Proven interest in technology (servers, storage systems, networks etc.)
• Strong digital and technological skills
• Strong understanding of databases and data concepts
• Experience in transforming data is preferable
• Experience in SSIS would be beneficial
• QlikView/Sense knowledge beneficial
In return you will work in a hybrid environment, reporting to a dynamic leader and will gain beneficial experience to support your career growth. The salary is above market for the entry experience required and the people you will work with are pretty awesome too.
This position is available to start and only candidates who meet all of the criteria will be contacted. To learn more about this company and position please apply now.